Strategies to Successfully Implement Change to Best Practice Initiatives (AAC #1631)
Administrators will learn how to develop staff/leader/relationships, collect input from staff and utilize consensus-building strategies to yield positive change. Changing to a new teacher evaluation model, infusing technology into instructional delivery and individualizing instruction will be among the many highlighted initiatives. Administrators' roles will be defined and participants will practice role-play and be prepared to lead the change process necessary to deliver any initiative effectively. (2018)
- Participants will understand relationship-building strategies that will yield staff respect and credibility for the administrator.
- Participants will know how to engage staff in a discussion to solicit their input, buy-in and commitment to change to an outcome-based teacher evaluation system.
- Participants will understand the Danielson outcomes-based teacher evaluation model.
- Participants will know their roles in the Danielson outcomes-based teacher evaluation model.
- Participants will have experience using the Danielson outcomes-based teacher evaluation model.