Position StatementsIllinois Association of School Administrators(Click here to view the full document.)Click on the links to the left for each individual section of the IASA Position Statements
The purpose of this document is to bring focus to and operationalize the IASA mission to facilitate the work of the staff and membership in the legislative and political arena.
Further, this document is intended to be modified in a regular and systematic way through the continued work of the Resolutions/Position Statements Committee in cooperation with the membership of the Illinois Statewide School Management Alliance.
These position statements have been developed through the work of the IASA Resolutions/Position Statements Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
IASA Vision: Maximum Educational Success for All Students
IASA Mission Statement: To support school leaders in the pursuit of educational excellence through continued school improvement.
1. The Resolutions/Position Statements Committee shall develop position statements to be used in assessment of legislative and other educational policy proposals.
2. All position statements shall be consistent with the IASA Platform and Mission.
3. All proposed position statements are to be approved by the Board of Directors before becoming official positions of the IASA.
4. Once approved, all position statements remain in effect until modified or discontinued by the Board of Directors.
5. A simple majority of the members present at meetings of the Resolutions/Position Statements Committee and Board of Directors is required to add, modify or discontinue position statements.
6. Recognizing the common interests of the IASA and the Illinois Association of School Boards, and recognizing the active role superintendents play in the developing of IASB position statements, IASB position statements should be systematically reviewed for IASA incorporation.
7. Recognizing the common interests of the IASA and the Illinois Principals Association, Illinois Association of School Business Officials and the Illinois Association of School Boards, the IASA will work in cooperation with these Illinois Statewide School Management Alliance member associations.