ESSA: School Accountability Under Illinois' Plan - AA #1917
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
699 Plainfield Rd.
Downers Grove, IL 60516
Sign-In: 8:00-8:30 am, Academy begins 8:30; A/D noon-1:00 pm, leave when A/D completed; no lunch served
ESSA: School Accountability Under Illinois’ Plan – AA #1917
This academy is designed for administrative teams to work together to understand the Quality Framework for Illinois School Districts and be able to apply each school’s ISBE Summative School Designation Score to a Continuous School Improvement Plan for improvement and growth. Schools in Tier 3 (Targeted) must complete a needs assessment and must write an improvement plan approved locally. Schools in Tier 4 (Comprehensive) must complete a needs assessment, write an improvement plan approved by ISBE and work with IL-EMPOWER.
ISBE will be assigning summative designations to schools in tiers. ISBE is in the process of final determination of the scoring for the tiers. It is anticipated that school administrators will learn their summative designation sometime in the summer of 2018. This academy is designed to help school administrators communicate the requirements of ESSA and also to develop a Continuous School Improvement Plan as a result of this designation.
Participants who elect to enroll in the IASA academy #1917 will have the following pre-session assignment which counts for 1.5 hours of the academy session:
- Participants will read Section 4 of the ISBE State Template for the Consolidated State Plan Under Every Student Succeeds Act.
- Participants will read and review the FAQ documents provided by IASA.
- Participants will complete the Running Records relative to Section 4 of the Illinois ESSA Plan and the FAQ document.
- Participants will list three things about ESSA that they need more information on or three things they think they will need help with in terms of implementing the ESSA requirements.
As a result of completing this academy each participant will complete two of these four Application and Dissemination requirements:
- An ESSA overview that could be presented to their building staff in a faculty meeting – Power Point, Google Slides, or some other type of presentation.
- An agenda for a faculty meeting where the ESSA plan is introduced, along with a series of guiding questions that will be discussed as part of that faculty meeting.
- A press release for their local media or the district web page introducing the wider school community to the concept of ESSA and how accountability will be changing going forward.
- A Power Point or Google Slides presentation that will be delivered to their local school board and/or their local business community and/or senior citizens community. This type of presentation could focus on the participant “telling their story” as it relates to what is happening in their building and how those things will tie into ESSA.
Important for Administrators' Academy Credit Seekers: AA Credit will be accorded for FY 2019, NOT 2017-18. No exceptions can be made. When you sign-in and complete the A/D for AA Credit, you will be required acknowledge that you understand and accept this condition.
Presented by: Dr. Richard Voltz, IASA Associate Director/Professional Development, and Mr. Ralph Grimm, IASA Field Services Director and Vision 20/20 Director
Registration fee: $100.00 per person To register, please click here
699 Plainfield Road
Downers Grove, IL 60516The zipcode must be numeric with at least five numbers.