Effective Communication Skills & Public Relations Strategies for Success in Educational Leadership (AAC #1129)
This course will address essential skills and strategies needed to build relationships and partnerships both in the district and the community. The program will include communication style development, refinement of the oral and written word, and dealing with media and networking. Self-assessment of each participant's communication style will be a springboard into the development of an improvement plan. Referendum strategies will be discussed that interface with the skills being taught. At the end of the course participants will have developed a public relations, communications, and referendum plan.
- Participants will be able to identify the components of an effective public relations program for referendum success.
- Participants will be able to describe how to build referendum school/community relationships and culture.
- Participants will be able to describe methods to problem solve and manage time in an effort to reach referendum goals.
- Participants will be able to explain how to build community partnerships for referendum success.
- Participants will be able to describe how to develop and maintain relations with the media during a referendum.
(6 ½ hours)