Leadership Self-Assessment for Planning Self Improvement (AAC #1704)
Recognizing the importance of a strong, fully functional leadership team for successful implementation of any system-wide changes. Participants will learn and integrate the 2015 findings of Steve Gruenert and Todd Whitaker in School Culture Rewired: How to Define, Assess and Transform It, focusing specifically on the leader’s role and skills. Participants will identify their unique leadership qualities and virtues using surveys of their leadership styles by Jeffrey Glanz. They will use their increased ability to assess their and others’ leadership styles to plan for self-improvement and enhancement of the leadership team in which they work.
- Participants will be able to integrate into their daily routine leadership qualities necessary to bring about school-wide student-achievement focused initiatives.
- Participants will be able to identify their Natural Leadership Qualities according to Glanz’s 7 groups of primary leadership quality types.
- Participants will be able to identify their core Educational Virtues as identified by Glanz.
- Participants will know how to utilize the leadership qualities and virtues to develop their own professional improvement plan.
- Participants will know how to build a balanced leadership team to enhance effective delegation and assignment of responsibilities.